Postdoctoral researcher / (Старший-) Научный сотрудник, Skoltech, Vladimir Zelman Center for Neurobiology and Brain Rehabilitation
⚡️⚡️⚡️Postdoctoral researcher / (Старший-) Научный сотрудник 🧠Vladimir Zelman Center for Neurobiology and Brain Rehabilitation, Associate Professor Yury Koush lab.
Highly motivated and talented researcher will collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team of neuroscientists, engineers, mathematicians, biologists, biophysicists, and clinicians along a few major research directions:
(i) human in vivo multimodal neuroimaging (functional MRI, EEG, MRS) at 3T,
(ii) cognitive neuroscience themes rooted in perception, attention, social and emotion regulation, and
(iii) real-time fMRI and EEG neurofeedback and their clinical applications in depression and perception disorders, and
(iv) machine learning approaches for multimodal neuroimaging and cognitive neuroscience.
There are opportunities for extensive training programs, experimental and analytical research, creative formulations of novel research questions, mentoring students and trainees, and writing human investigation ethic protocols and grant applications. There are possibilities to actively engage in ongoing National and International collaborations.
🔘 Key Responsibilities:
Participating in all aspects of multimodal (EEG, MRI and fMRI) data acquisition and analysis;
Developing and executing EEG and/or fMRI data acquisition protocols, data analyses and cognitive neuroscience paradigms;
Presenting research at major national and international conferences;
Preparing peer-reviewed publications for top-rank scientific journals;
🟣 Qualifications and Skills:
- A PhD degree in Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, MR Physics, Applied Mathematics, or related fields.
- Excellent academic credentials, including a strong publication record in first authorship (Q1).
- Strong written and verbal communication English skills (which is a lab scientific communication language).
- Ability to work effectively and independently across multiple projects. Simultaneously in a large team.
- Expertise in human brain imaging, including but not limited to fMRI and EEG.
- Experience with scientific computing, including but not limited to computational (Python, MATLAB) and statistical (R, SPSS, FSL, SPM) methods.
- Expertise in advanced analysis (e.g., machine learning, neural network modelling) is a plus.
- Expertise in EEG-based and/or fMRI-based neurofeedback is a plus.
- Expertise in virtual reality and scenery design is a plus.
- Expertise C++/C programing is a plus (MR pulse sequence design).
- Successful grant/ scholarship/ fellowship application experience is a plus.
The vacancy is available starting September 30, 2023 and remains open until filled. The compensation will be assigned based on the Skoltech categories given experience.
Please submit the following attachments as pdf(s) to Yury Koush at Y.Koush@skoltech.ru
(1) Curriculum vitae (CV, including Google Scholar page link
(2) Statement of experiences and research interests (1-2 pages)
(3) Names and contact information of 2-3 academic/research references (letters are not necessary for the initial application)
(4) Three sample publications